Kobyco is your official provider of Pergola Roofs and Pergola Louvered Roof Systems!
Kobyco is your official Pergola Roof dealer and you can always trust us to handle any Pergola Louvered Roof system installation! We’ve teamed up with Rain-Out to bring to you the exclusive powder-coated extruded aluminum Sundance Louvered Roof–a trendsetting new upgraded and updated louvered roof or pergola roof system that is exploding all across the United States and Canada. We’re also very proud to release our new Motorized Adjustable Sundance Louvered Roof system as well. Talk to our design experts today to start your dream Pergola Roof project!
How does it work?
Understanding how Sundance Louvered Roofs and Pergola Roofs works is simple and easy to explain. Take a look:
- The heavy duty extruded powder-coated aluminum Louvers fit between extruded aluminum 2×8 beams and are supported by extruded aluminum 6×6 posts.
- The Louvers are attached to ball bearing rollers that rotate the Louvers by use of a Remote Controlled Motor.
- The Louvers open and close with the push of a button. When the Louvers are closed they route water into the extruded gutters that are attached to the beams and down the inside of the 6×6 support posts. When the Louvers are open they allow through any amount of sunlight or shade that you desire.
12 Pergola Roof Advantages
1. Large volume gutter with 2 levels of LED Light Shelves for ambient and functional lighting.
2. 6”x6” heavy duty extruded aluminum posts which also serve as down spouts.
3. 2”x8” heavy duty extruded aluminum beams for longer spans between posts.
4. 160° louver opening to allow more sun or shade, or to keep the rain and snow out.
5. Designer heavy duty extruded aluminum gutter (crown molding style).
6. Gutter screen for clog-free gutters, designed specifically for Sundance Louvered Roofs.
7. Double skin insulated Louvers to reduce heat transfer below the cover.
8. Four structural extruded girders inside the Louver and 2 vertical stabilizers outside the Louver to give the longest span and stronger snow load capacity!
9. Beautiful, flat, tongue-and-groove style finished patio ceiling when Louvers are closed.
10. Weather stripping to ensure water tight application and quieter operation when closing Louvers.
11. Ball bearing rotation mechanisms for low friction, allowing 1 motor to operate a larger sq ft of Louvers.
12. IP-65 (waterproof) motor for use in any climate.
6 Ways To Take Control Of Your Outdoor Living
Outdoor living has become the way to spend time with family and friends. According to “The Journal Of The American Institute Of Architects” 9-21-2017 “Popularity of outdoor living spaces has spiked 72 percent since 2012”
With the increase in outdoor living spaces people are looking for ways to spend more time in the space. Most patio covers or pergolas limit your use because you can’t control them.
Here is a great way to increase your outdoor living time. Install a Sundance Louvered Roof and control the louvers in 6 different useful ways.
#1 Shade Control
By operating the motorized louvers with the remote control which take 16 seconds to
fully open and fully close, you can adjust the shade exactly where you need it, any time
#2 Sun Control
When you want sun on the patio or coming through your windows or patio doors you can easily get it by opening the louvers to provide up to 85% of the natural light.
#3 Ventilation Control
The amazing thing about the Sundance Louvered Roof is when you open the louvers you get almost 100% ventilation because they are parallel with each other.
#4 Rain Control
Because the Sundance Louvered Roof has interlocking louvers with a drip edge the rain simply runs in to the louver troughs and then out into the full perimeter gutter. It can then run into the post as a down spout or through a regular down spout. Finally it can be saved in a rain storage device or directed to water the lawn or garden.
#5 Leaf Control
The Sundance Louvered Roof is the best leaf control cover because the gutters are made to receive standard leaf screens, and because of the built in leaf control feature. This is how it works: the leaves fall on the louvers and you only open the louvers as much as need for sun and ventilation but not where they drop. Next, when you are ready to clean the leaves off (every 2 to 4 weeks) your cleaning people move the furniture and lay down a tarp. Then they open the louvers to 160° and the leaves drop down on the tarp. Leaves on the gutter screens can be swept or blown off. Finally you dump the leaves from the tarp into the garden or garbage bags and you’re done. This will give you a pretty much leave free area until the next time to clean.
#6 Louver Cleaning Control
We call 150° louver opening “Cleaning Mode”. This is because at that angle you can clean the top of the louvers from underneath. No other type of patio cover offers that feature only a louvered roof. You just open the louvers to 150° and take a garden hose to spray the top of the louvers clean. If needed you can use a soft brush and mild cleaner to get off any stubborn spots. Then close them and spray the bottom of the louvers clean.